Many fans of gambling in the world call Pai Gow Poker a little exotic, as this entertainment is considered a certain kind of Chinese domino, which appeared about two centuries ago. But in our time, this exciting card game is quite popular, although its rules are significantly different from the classic version. Its great advantage is the fact that the player needs to beat only one opponent, who is the dealer. Therefore, play becomes much easier than against multiple players.
This exciting card entertainment gives people an excellent opportunity to have a very entertaining time, completely not worrying about their personal gaming experience. Luck plays a big role in a successful outcome, and novice players are even allowed to use the tips of a professional dealer. Although the game is quite rare in interactive casinos, it is still easy to find it on the Internet on many gaming sites where a complete betting system and other useful information about the current rules are provided.
Features and game process procedure
Novice players should always remember that at different casinos Pai Gow Poker rules can usually vary significantly. Here are the main stages of the gameplay:
- Worldwide, Pai Gow Poker is played with a deck of 52 cards, plus 1 joker. Usually 6 players are present at the same time. Each participant in the game receives 7 cards face down.
- The next step is to split the cards into two hands according to special rules, which are called House Way. The first hand is called High and has 5 cards. The second Low hand consists of only 2 cards and at the same time should not be stronger than the first, otherwise the player will be counted an automatic loss.
- Further, the dealer performs the same actions with their cards and all are revealed.
- The next step is to compare the combinations of both hands. If both combinations of a player are stronger than that of the dealer, then they win and receive a payout 1 to 1. In the case of superiority of one hand and weakness of the other, a tie is declared and the bet is returned to the player. The participant’s bet goes to the casino if both hands are weaker.
- The Joker complements the combinations of Straight, Flush, Straight Flush, Royal Flush or acts as an Ace (always on the Low hand).
The Fortune special additional bet is paid regardless of how the person sets their hand, according to the Fortune Bet payout table.
Best Pai Gow Poker strategies
The most important task for players who often practice Pai Gow Poker online is to learn how to split cards between High and Low hands, which significantly increases odds for winning. Here is the optimal game strategy:
- If there is no combination, you should leave the highest card in the High hand, and put the next two in the Low hand;
- If there is a Pair, it is left in the High hand, and the two highest cards from the remaining cards are sent to the Low hand;
- If there are Two pairs, do not separate if the sum of points is 9 or less with the King or Ace, the sum of points is 15 or less with the Ace. Separate sevens and deuces under the King and above, Kings and deuces under the Ace;
- If there are three pairs, set aside the senior pair on Low hand;
- In the presence of ordinary Straight and Flush, leave for High hand. If there are combinations of six cards, then put the two most senior cards on Low hand;
- If you have Straight Flush or Royal Flush, leave them in High hand.
More information on suitable strategies can be found on the portal website with Pai Gow Poker.